Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mexican Lasagna

This is a recipe that I got from a friend for my wedding, and just let me say even my picky husband likes it:) So I recommend it to anyone give it a try, it's definitely a keeper!


Mexican Lasagna

1 lb. hamburger
onion
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. spaghetti sauce mix
1 pkg. egg noodles
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sour cream
1 (3 0z.) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese, any flavor

Brown the hamburger with onion, add salt and pepper. Mix 1 pkg. spaghetti sauce with the 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce and 1 Tbsp butter. Add meat and simmer for about 10 minutes. In the meantime boil 1 pkg. egg noodles in salted water until tender. Drain and rinse.

Mix 1 cup sour cream and 1 (3 oz.) softened cream cheese, stir until smooth. On the bottom of a 9x13 inch buttered pan, spread the noodles, and then spread the meat mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy:)

I don't have a picture to post right now, but when I get one I'll put it up!

No comments: