Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend and I'm sick:(

Friday I was able to get together with my friend Sarah which was a lot of fun, I always enjoy spending time with her! That night my family went out to dinner to celerbrate James' birthday a little early since his actual birthday is today. We went to this wonderful restaurant out in Bountiful, I know kind of far but it's totally worth it. I loved the food and we all had a great time, but as soon as I got home my stomach started to hurt. At first I thought it was nothing because for the past week every night when I get ready for bed I feel like I'm going to throw up but then I just fall asleep. Well this turned into a full-on stomachache that would not go away at all and I knew I had caught the stomach flu:( Let's just say I got very little sleep that night and that's a night I want to forget!

Saturday I woke up still feeling quite nauseous and to my surprise found my little niece felt the same way. I felt so bad for Natalie because it's bad enough when an adult is sick, but when it's a child and they're really so helpless it's just so sad. She was a trooper and got through it with flying colors, she didn't complain or cry at all. Since I was so sick yesterday I just stayed home all day, sleeping most of the time. Natalie and I watched a few movies together since we were both stuck home, first it was Enchanted which I'd never seen but I thought it was super cute! Then we watched Look Who's Talking, that movie is a classic to me. And last was Sleeping Beauty which I don't think I've seen but I thought it was cute. Last night James and I were going to dye some eggs together but I think I fell asleep so he did them by himself. I really don't remember what happened I just know I was extremely tired and still didn't feel the best, so I think I dozed off:) Well I fell asleep really early last night and was able to get a good night's sleep considering the night before I got no sleep, and today I woke up refreshed and feeling much, much better.

This is a really long post but there's one more part of this weekend and that's today. Today is a very special day, because not only are we celebrating the resurrection of the Savior, but it's my hubby's birthday also! Today James is 20 and officially no longer a teenager:) I can't believe how fast time has gone by, we were both 16 (James was almost 17) when we met and here we are almost 4 years later married, it's so crazy. Today we've been married for 8 months which has completely flown by I still can't believe it's been that long! So my mom's making a special dinner today for easter and my uncle's coming over, and I'm going to make "Better Than Anything Cake" also known as "Better Than Sex Cake," but I feel uncomfortable calling it that around my family, so to me it's better than anything cake! James' present this year was our little dog Bruiser that we got a few weeks ago, he also got some money from my parents and his, and my sister bought him some church shoes that he was in desperate need of. I just want James to know how much I love him and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Happy Birthday babe I love you!! I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend:)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Christine, so sorry to hear you are sick!! That is not fun. And wish James a Happy Birthday from Joseph and I :)

I hope you have a wonderful easter sunday, oh and when you can post the recipe for your better than anything cake. I'd like to try it.

Take care and feel better! Oh and I really enjoyed spending Friday with you, it was so fun!

The Wibergs said...

I was wondering where you were today. Glad you're feeling a little better.

Happy birthday James!

Kaeloni said...

Hope you get better soon!! And happy birthday to James