Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Caramel Brownies:)

I got this recipe out of a cookbook that a friend let me borrow, and I decided to give it a try. I made it on Sunday and by Monday night it was pretty much gone! My family absolutely loved it and I think it's now one of my favorite desserts. It's better than regular brownies because they're so much more moist and gooey, so if you need a good dessert give these a whirl you won't regret it. WARNING: these are addicting!!! DO NOT TRY IF ATTEMPTING TO LOSE WEIGHT!

Caramel Brownies

1 cup caramel topping(recipe follows)
1 package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup walnuts(I used almonds and it was just as good)
1 cup chocolate chips

Combine cake mix, butter, and milk. Spread 1/2 mixture in greased and floured 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Pour caramel sauce over mixture. Top with remaining dough. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool. ENJOY:)

Caramel Sauce

1 cup brown sugar
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, syrup, butter and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Lower to medium heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! That sounds really good, I will have to try that sometime.

Jenny said...

that sounds yummy. i better not make them unless i can take them somewhere because alfredo won't eat brownies and my kids only eat a little...i'd end up eating the whole pan.

Christine said...

I definitely agree with you there, If I didn't make them for my family I would have ended up eating the whole pan!! They really are addicting and I won't be making them very often because I can't stop eating them:)