Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's been so long

I just noticed how long it's been since I've posted anything, and quite a bit of things have happened in our life, so I thought I should give an update!

First we no longer are living in our apartment, we moved back in with my parents. There are a few different reasons, one being that James got a new job and they offer health insurance but it costs an arm and a leg for it. Moving back was the last thing I wanted to do, but it actually hasn't been that bad. My sister and her family moved out about a month ago so the house isn't so crowded, and for some odd reason my mom and I are actually getting along. We aren't downstairs anymore so we have two bedrooms upstairs we can use, and we were finally able to get a really nice bedroom set. I haven't had a nice bed for as long as I can remember I've been sleeping on a futon:( Our bed is so comfortable I don't want to get up in the morning and sometimes I find myself falling asleep as early as 8 because I'm so relaxed!

Another thing that's happened is James got a new job, which he absolutely loves! He's working at Murdock Hyundai as a Lot Attendant, basically he details cars, shuttles customers, and whatever else needs to be done. He loves to do anything that has to do with cars, and in fact he hopes to someday be a mechanic for Hyundai. His boss tells him how much he likes him and how good of a job he's doing quite often and James just really likes this job, which makes me so happy. The best part about this job is we get health insurance, although it's really expensive, it's definitely worth it. The other bonus is we've been able to get work done on our car because the head mechanic use to work for Mitsubishi, they didn't even charge us for our brakes:) I love being married to someone who knows a lot about cars because James can do much of the labor by himself, which saves us a lot of money!

A couple weekends ago my family took a trip to Yellowstone, which was a lot of fun! James had never been there and he really enjoyed it. We saw a buffalo in the middle of the road, elk throughout the park and my nephew also spotted a wolf amongst the trees. Old Faithful was also really cool, I've been there before but since James hadn't he expected a lot more from it and after it went off he said "Is that all?" He cracks me up! On our way home from yellowstone we stopped at Bear World, now that was cool. My niece and nephew just loved it because they had never been there and my nephew absolutely loves bears! We didn't have any crazy stories to tell like some people who have had bears climb on their cars or in the back of their truck, but in a way i'm glad that wasn't our story:)

Well that's about all that's been going on i'll try to post more often!

2 comments:

Kaeloni said...

how fun! Sorry you had to move back, but in the long run it'll be the best for you! Hope James's job works out great for you guys!

The Wibergs said...

I'm SO glad you moved back! (sorry, but I am!)